Generally, initial appointments may take an hour or longer, depending on your examination needs.
The items you should bring to your first appointment are:
- Any recent X-rays or MRI films that have been taken of the involved area.
- Any other tests or records pertaining to the problem area. If you aren't bringing these, make sure your primary care physician sends them over before the appointment.
- Insurance card(s)
- Insurance co-pay (if applicable)
- If you are under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian will need to accompany you.
We will try our best to accommodate you, but you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. Please understand that it may be several weeks before we can schedule another appointment for you. If you need to reschedule for any reason, please notify us at least one (1) business day prior to your appointment.
- Tricare Prime requires written authorization from Tricare.
Certain other policies may require a referral; please check your insurance policy.
In many cases, the answer is “yes.” Please call us to let us know you are interested in transferring your care. Request that all medical records pertaining to your surgery/treatment be sent to us. Our physicians will review your records. If transferring your care is possible, we will schedule an appointment for you.
Please request that your employer or workers’ compensation carrier call us to authorize the visit. Upon approval, we will schedule an appointment for you.
Wheelchairs are located just inside the front door. If none are available when you arrive, please notify one of our staff.